[Samba] Admin users, file operations and file ownership

Petter L. H. Eide petter.eide at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:05:25 GMT 2005

Hello,

When a user is defined in admin users, Samba will always do file
operations for this user as root. In my case when these users creates
a new file or directory root i defined as owner of the new files as
well. When only accessing the files through windows, this isn't
usually a problem, but once using linux again, this is a bit
annoying..

Is it supposed to be this way? Is there any possible solutions to
avoid the problem?

My samba-config-file is attached.

I would be very grateful if  anybody could help me with this.

Best regards,
Pete