[Samba] Questions on build farm

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 11 22:14:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:03 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking at the samba build farm code and hope you can help
> with a couple questions...
>
> First, is the build_farm code usable under an open source license?

I think most of it is tagged GPL.  It is all in subversion -
http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/?root=build-farm

Let me know if there is anything you can't find a valid licence for,
it's probably just been overlooked.

> Second, does the build_farm currently run any network tests between a
> client and server on separate machines?

No, we avoid this to reduce the security impact of a build farm
installation on those who supply machines to us.  All tests are done on
localhost, in such a way that other processes cannot interfere with the
tests.

Andrew Bartlett