[Samba] Roaming profiles sometimes stop updating

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Feb 11 17:39:48 GMT 2005

>However, I've noticed that on two completely separate networks
>(configured in a similar manner) certain Windows 2K/XP stations just
>stop updating profiles though the rest are still updating regularly upon
>logout.  In a new Samba install I performed a few months ago some of the
>existing 2K/XP machines have never updated the roaming profile.

I know you're saying workstation here, but since most of the time a
workstation is person specific and for general clarification:

Is this a user problem or a workstation problem?  If you log in with a
different random user does it update ok and/or does the problem follow a
user around to different workstations?

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322