[Samba] Prints ok, but says "Access denied, unable to connect". win2k and samba 2.2.1a

David Rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Fri Feb 11 16:46:38 GMT 2005

> I have a small Samba 2.2.1a plus Win2k workgroup. Samba is running on
> Redhat
> 7.2.
>
> There is a networked laserjet 5000 using a static IP which I can print
> successfuly from the linux box, and from the win2k workstations via the
> queue
> on the linux box.
>
> The weird thing is that, on the win2k worksations, if I double click on
> the
> printer icon the status of the printer is reported as
> "Access denied, unable to connect". Yet it works???

I have the exact same message in XP with my HP LJ4 on a Suse 9.0 box. All
the printing works, but the printer status reports "Access denied, unable to
connect", but yes, it works?

Solution: IGNORE IT ; -)    It is something funky on the XP, win2K side. If
you find out what it is, let me know....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC