[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 - Error With Latest Win2K Patches

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Fri Feb 11 14:24:11 GMT 2005

Just a note: It has _ALWAYS_ worked, I applied the patches on Windows 2000
yesterday and it stopped working after that.

Perhaps a Windows 2000 problem?  Do you use Windows 2000 and have updated
to the latest patches? *THAT* is when the error began!

Here it is:

# The global is required for all global virables.
[global]
         # We want the workgroup set to WORKGROUP.
         workgroup = WORKGROUP
         # Set the server string to describe the machine.
         server string = %h - Pentium III 500MHZ
         # Set the interface so Samba only works with the LAN.
         interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24
         # Make sure it only binds to this interface.
         bind interfaces only = yes
         # Set the security to user.
         security = user
         # Make sure encrypt passwords is on!
         encrypt passwords = yes
         # Increase overall throughput of samba.
         socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=32768 SO_RCVBUF=8192
         # Set max xmit size.
         max xmit = 8192

[x]
   comment         = x