[Samba] net vampire accounts of Windows 2000 AD

thomas constans thomas.constans at opendoor.fr
Fri Feb 11 08:21:31 GMT 2005

Le vendredi 11 février 2005 à 09:09 +0200, David Wilson a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> We are looking at migrating a Windows 2000 AD domain controller to Samba.
> Can the same "net vampire" procedure be used to migrate user accounts and passwords to the new Samba domain controller ?
> Any other pitfalls which you can think of off hand ?

yes, i have succesfully done such a migration, in a test environnment.
it is almost the same as with nt4 PDC migration.

i followed http://samba.idealx.org/smbldap-howto.fr.html#htoc75

most difficult part is migrating user  profiles, policies and such.

good luck

--
Thomas Constans
http://www.opendoor.fr