[Samba] dumping hashed passwords from passdb.tdb

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Feb 10 20:54:55 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 13:29, Tyler R. Retzlaff wrote:
> After having set up an LDAP server to replace our single samba password
> file it comes time to migrate my users passwords out of passdb.tdb.  Since
> it would be extremely difficult to ask everyone to provide their password
> or change their password is there a way I can dump the hashed passwords out
> of my existing passdb.tdb so I can import them into my ldap database?

	pdbedit -i tdbsam -e smbpasswd

Will create an smbpasswd file (plain text) containing the info.

	pdbedit -i tdbsam -e ldapsam

Will migrate (copy) the SambaSAMAccount info to LDAP.

While:
	pdbedit -Lw > foo.txt
will stuff all this information into the foo.txt file.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member