[Samba] Firewall piercing - The Specified network name is no longer available.

JLB jlb at twu.net
Thu Feb 10 14:50:10 GMT 2005

Also, my arrogant attitude is largely due to the fact that nobody's
reading my points.

I DO NOT want to install OpenVPN.
I DO NOT want to run WinSCP.
I DO NOT want to run an anonymous FTP server.

I want to go:

Start
Run
smb://IP_ADDRESS/sharename
(username)
(password)
POOF.

That is what I want. Period. It's not unreasonable; this is Samba, not
some Win95 box waiting to be h4x0red.

--
J. L. Blank, Systems Administrator, twu.net