[Samba] Replicated LDAP

Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be
Thu Feb 10 14:46:23 GMT 2005

We do it like that; your writes actually will go 'straight' to the master
LDAP (not Samba as your diagram shows).
The master LDAP is configured so that it updates the slave.
So, the master LDAP is the only writer to the slave. (via a referer)

It is as safe as your VPN (quite safe)

Kind regards

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office
Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel
Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be

Jochen Witte <devnull at alpha-lab.net>
Sent by: samba-bounces+bdr=peopleware.be at lists.samba.org
10/02/2005 11:13

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
[Samba] Replicated LDAP

Hello,

I would like to have a central LDAP-Server in my main office and a
replicated one in my satellite office, connected via VPN. Then I want my
SAMBA-PDC in the satellite to use the local LDAP. I think this should
end in:

READ
----
Samba         <->      Replicate

WRITE
-----
Samba          ->      Replicate
        <-referrer-
Samba          <->     Central LDAP

Am I right with my assumption? Is this setup possible and advisable?

Cheers
Jochen

--
Jochen Witte <devnull at alpha-lab.net>