[Samba] Re: Help configuring Samba-3 to share $HOME directories

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Feb 10 14:31:05 GMT 2005

Chris Heller wrote:

> Ideally I want to allow users to have a UNIX account, independent of
> their Windows domain account.

Why make life so complicated? If you keep the account name the same, the default homes share just plain works. I tweaked mine a bit to lock the Win client into a subdir of the Linux home dir. That way
Windows is not able to see Linux config files, but files needing to be shared can be placed under .../WinHome on the Linux side.

[homes]
    comment = %U's Home Directory
    volume = home
    path = %H/WinHome