[Samba] Some questions about samba & ldap

RNuno glist at moonlight.pt
Wed Feb 9 20:50:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a working domain with samba-3.0.10 and Openldap-2.1.30.
I'm happy with the setup but I have a few issues that I would like to know
if someone have it too or know how to solve them.

1) Is there any way a Domain User can install a printer from the samba
server?
   cuz it's a litle annoying going to all the pc's as Administrator to
install them.

2) Changing the password on the windows clients does not sync with the
ldap password.
   I read that Ldap must support exop for that to happen, but the only
reference that
   i found to it is on ldap.conf (pam_password exop) and it's uncomment
or do I miss
   something?

3) Is there any way that I can give permission to a group/user so that
it can make
   shares on is own workstation? I read all about policies but i can't
find anything
   about it.

4) I use roaming profiles and for now it's working great with only a
minor issue that
   i'm not sure it's related to it or not. When i'm working on the
workstation with,
   for instance, 4 Firefox, Thunderbird, 3 puttys, sometimes my taskbar
freezes for some
   seconds (like 10 to 15) I notice that cuz I use the Show Desktop
button alot. Does
   anyone have this issue? this happens to all the pc's on the network,
is it related
   with the roaming profile?

Thanks in advance, regards
Ricardo Nuno