[Samba] Connecting with UID 0, when I don't want to.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Feb 9 16:48:40 GMT 2005

I'm setting up a new server, to be a more-or-less mimic of an old
server.  I've copied over the binaries, changed the appropriate entries
in the "netbios name" and "workgroup" lines... but every user I log in
as gets this:

lani (10.20.2.224) connect to service kend initially as user kend
(uid=0, gid=524) (pid 2867)

I've tried this with other users (who aren't listed as admins), and get
the same deal; any files they create are owned by root, and they are
unable to access their profiles.

My setup is that I'm using LDAP as a backend, but "in between" Samba and
LDAP is PAM -- that's what I'm having all my authentication, etc., go
through.

Can anyone think of a reason that this is happening?

Thanks!

-Ken