[Samba] Differenet behavior when using dns name and netbios name

Taylor, Marc mdtaylor at beckman.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 8 17:57:36 GMT 2005

Hello,

Here is something I have just noticed and was wondering if anyone else
has noticed this.

When I address the samba server with its primary dns name, there are no
problems with observing and changing the settings of the printers.

When I address the samba server using the netbios name (different than
the dns hostname though it is a cname for this machine), I cannot see
any of the printer drivers that I have installed when I go to the
Printers folder and right click, properties on any of the printers.
They have all of the right settings but I can't see what the printer
driver is set to.

Thanks in advance.

Marc