[Samba] About rpcclient and adddriver command

Xavi javier.leon-gutierrez at upc.edu
Tue Feb 8 17:03:43 GMT 2005

Hi all!!
We have 2 printers shared via samba with good results. Nowadays, we have
the cups postscript driver in the server for windowsNT/2000/XP and it works
fine, but i want to put the hp postscript driver as we have 2 hp printers.
I put the postscript driver via rpcclient without no problem:
       rpcclient -U'admin%pass' -c 'adddriver   \
       "Windows NT x86"  \
       "printer1:driver: config:help:NULL:RAW:NULL" ' \
       localhost

It worked okay, but when i wanted to put the hp drivers downloaded from
their
homepage it doesn't. The error with debug level 3 after some text... is:
       lsa_io_sec_qos: length c does not match size 8
       result was WERR_INVALID_PARAM

I 've looked rpcclient manpages and googled a lot, i've looked that all
the files
i mention in the rpcclient command are in the $print\W32X86 folder and...
i don't know!!

The rpcclient adddriver command is only for installing cups and adobe
poscript
drivers? or can i install hp drivers too?

Thx anyway!!

Xavi