[Samba] Re: Ldapscripts v1.0 !

Charles N Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Tue Feb 8 15:35:02 GMT 2005

Ganael Laplanche wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on shell scripts that allow to manage ldap accounts (users,
> groups, machines).
Very cool. LDAP configuration is always an interesting beast, and I
welcome a set of tools to deal with them other the the smbldap-tools.
  They are similar to the smbldap-tools but do not need PERL to
> work (and so on...)
cool! i am not a perl fan. don't wanna start any language wars or
anything. but sometimes its a pain to have to install a bunch of pre-req
modules in order to run the thing and then you find out it doesn't do
what you want. but i digress :)

and are *very* simple to configure - they may be a good
> alternative. The only tools you need are standard ldap client commands (ldapadd,
> ldapdelete, ldapmodify, ldapsearch).
cool cool. should be portable across lots of platforms then. anything
that openldap is on should be usable.

> The scripts can be used as standalone commands or within Samba configuration :
>
> add machine script = /usr/local/bin/ldapaddmachine '%u' sambamachines
> add user script = /usr/local/bin/ldapadduser '%u' sambausers
> add group script = /usr/local/bin/ldapaddgroup '%g'
> add user to group script = /usr/local/bin/ldapaddusertogroup '%u' '%g'
> delete user script = /usr/local/bin/ldapdeleteuser '%u'
> delete group script = /usr/local/bin/ldapdeletegroup '%g'
> delete user from group script = /usr/local/bin/ldapdeleteuserfromgroup '%u' '%g'
> set primary group script = /usr/local/bin/ldapsetprimarygroup '%u' '%g'

ooooo. nice.

> (see README file for more details)
>
> For those who want to give a try, you can find the tarball of ldapscripts v1.0
> here :
>
> http://contribs.martymac.com
> http://linagora.org/article108.html
>
> Just extract the tarball and type in "./install" as root...
>
> These scripts are in early version, so feel free to send bug reports and any
> feedback !

will do. thank you for your valuable contribution of time and code to
the samba community.

cnw