[Samba] FC3 vfs object smb.conf samba 3.0.11

Frank Murphy lists2005 at utvinternet.com
Tue Feb 8 08:51:59 GMT 2005

When Kaspersky adds the following to smb.conf
I can't connect from XP.
If I comment out "vfs object" connection is restored.

<snip>
[store-00]
    # ADDED BY KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS FOR SAMBA SERVERS 5.0
    vfs object = kavsamba5-smb-3.0.2

    comment = File Directories
    path = /store-00
    browseable = yes
    writeable = yes
    valid users = frank
    read only = no
    guest ok = no

</snip>

Kav seems to be where it's supposed to be.

/opt/kav/5.0/kavsamba/lib/kavsamba5-smb-3.0.2.so
/usr/lib/samba/vfs/kavsamba5-smb-3.0.2.so

I have checked all the logs & can't see anything broken,
then I'm no expert. I have no idead how to use gdb, but have set logs to
level 10 debug