[Samba] User Migration question

Jochen Witte devnull at alpha-lab.net
Tue Feb 8 07:29:46 GMT 2005

Am Montag, den 07.02.2005, 22:48 -0700 schrieb Craig White:
> On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 06:18 +0100, Jochen Witte wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to migrate my user-accounts from a Samba 2 to a Samba 3
> > setup.
> >
> > Old Setup:
> >
> > Samba 2 with PAM support. PAM uses LDAP to store PosixAccounts
> >
> > New Setup:
> >
> > Samba 3 with "native" LDAP. PosixAccounts are already migrated to my new
> > LDAP server.
> >
> > I tried pdbedit with my old smbpasswd file:
> >
> > ---snip---
> > # pdbedit -i smbpasswd:./smbpasswd
> > build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt!  username jwitte with
> > uid 1000 is not in unix passwd database!
> > ---snip---
> >
> > But:
> >
> > ---snip---
> > # getent passwd|grep jwitte
> > jwitte:x:1000:1000:Jochen Witte:/home/jwitte:/bin/bash
> > ---snip---
> >
> > Any hints?
> ---
> sounds like your passdb parameter isn't set properly
>
> Craig

So here is my config:

        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/
        ldap admin dn = cn=root,o=sub,dc=domain,dc=com
        ldap suffix = ou=corp,o=sub,dc=domain,dc=com
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Hosts
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=People

The Domain-Info part is created correctly (so it is not a permission-
problem, or a problem with the suffix).

Is it a problem, that the used smbpasswd is from a different
installation on a different host? Once again my procedure:
- set up new host
- set up new ldap
- set up new samba
- import posixaccount from old ldap to new
- import old smbpasswd in new ldap -> failure

Regards
Jochen

--
Jochen Witte <devnull at alpha-lab.net>