[Samba] root user in smbldap...how to change home

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Feb 7 22:20:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

I finally have my profiles problem squared away....

I've done away with the Administrator user in smbldap-tools by running

smbldap-populate -a root

instead of just plain

smbldap-populate

Thus root is now the samba admin.  BUT....when I run getent passwd my
system shows the home directory as /home/root instead of /root....how can
I change this...or better yet how can I have my cake and eat it too in the
sense that when I set up my Samba/LDAP server that the root user has the
/root directory as home by default?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School