[Samba] 3.0.11 - configure can't see ldap.h

Mike samba at phivegills.com
Mon Feb 7 20:39:04 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> | Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> |
> |> Did you export the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables before
> |> running configure ?
> |
> | Yes I did but it still fails though in a different way.  I broke your
> | compile script down to a simple form and this is what I found to be the
> | cause. If I set & export CPPFLAGS, configure will fail with this:
> |
> | # CPPFLAGS="/usr/src/openldap-2.2.23/include"
>
> should be
>
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/src/openldap-2.2.23/include"

Bah, I missed that.  Ok, that is corrected, but now it is back to the
original problem of 'configure' not being able to see the ldap.h file.
Here is the entire script:

#!/bin/sh

##
## compiler and flags
##
CC="gcc"
CFLAGS=""
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/src/openldap-2.2.23/"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/src/openldap-2.2.23/libraries"

##
## required library paths
##
DIRPATH="/usr/local/openldap"
for dir in $DIRPATH ; do
	CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I$dir/include"
	CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wl,-rpath,$dir/libraries"
	LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L$dir/libraries"
done

export CPPFLAGS CFLAGS LDFLAGS CC

echo "CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS"
echo "CFLAGS=$CFLAGS"
echo "LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS"
echo "CC=$CC"

## configure && build
## ./autogen.sh
./configure --with-ldap \
	--with-ads \
	--with-krb5=/etc/kerberosV

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
	echo "configure failed.  Exiting...."
	exit 1
fi

make showlayout
make everything

Thank you for the time you're spending on this.

--
Regards,

Mike