[Samba] samba linux printing problem

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Mon Feb 7 15:31:11 GMT 2005

I have a Fedora 3 core system with cups and samba installed
I have an HP deskjet 5740 on usb port 1 that prints just fine.

the cups install and print test pages work and print.
the installation of the printers on Windows XP goes just fine
and I can print to the printer, however nothing ever prints on the
printer

here is the log from /var/log/samba/smbd.log

[2005/02/07 10:27:15, 3]

printing/printing.c:print_queue_update_internal(1023)
   0 jobs in queue for dj5740

however /var/spool/cups simple seems to stack up jobs to print.

I also have a user called guest with a password.

Any ideas

Below is my smb.conf

	[global]

	workgroup = home

	server string = Samba Server
	printcap name = /etc/printcap

	printing = cups
	guest account = guest

	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

	max log size = 50

browse list = yes
    local master = yes

	dns proxy = no

	log level = 5
	browseable = yes
==============================
	idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
	idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
	template shell = /bin/false
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	password server = None
	guest ok = yes
#	winbind use default domain = no
[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	browseable = yes
	writeable = yes

# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	read only = yes
	printable = yes
	browseable = yes
	guest ok = yes
	use client driver = Yes
	public =yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print

# This one is useful for people to share files
[tmp]
	comment = Temporary file space
	path = /tmp
	writeable = yes