[Samba] Migrating from Workgoup to Domain

Guang Zhu zeegrr at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:42:29 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have a network spanning over 3 subnets, connected by routers (approx. 150
Win 9X/NT/XP machines). Currently we are running a large workgroup, and I am
considering migrating it to a domain. Since the users are always complaining
about the browsing problem (long time in connecting to share, slow in
browsing etc), so I would like to know if migrating to a domain will somhow
help in the efficiency of browsing? Besides, if I turn on the domain
settings in the Samba server (i.e.  domain master = yes, domain logons =
yes, and some create user/machine & netlogon share stuff), will there be a
great influence in current users?

Thanks,
Guang Zhu