[Samba] using printer on linux from windows

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sun Feb 6 17:13:23 GMT 2005

tj:

[...]

> Which version of Samba are you using?

3.0.9 Red Hat.

> Also, how is a Linux user setup to allow  samba logins and how to
> specify that on the Windows XP machine?

I don't understand the question. Just follow the docs. I use an ldapsam
tdb backend. When the Windows machine joins the domain as a trusted
computer (in which all the Samba domain Unix users have already been taken
up into the windows hierarchy, with pdbedit or smbpasswd), they will
automatically be able to log on to the Windows machine, unless they are
deliberately excluded in the domain policy (i.e. they may only log on from
certain workstations(.

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl