[Samba] Is Samba running?

rmgsantos at sapo.pt rmgsantos at sapo.pt
Sun Feb 6 03:11:55 GMT 2005

I think I'm running samba 3 because I installed it with Fedora 3 setup.

Smbstatus  gives me the following:

Sessionid.tdb not initialized
/var/cach/samba/connection.tdb not initialized
Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialize locking database

ps -wuax | grep -E "smb|nmb" gives me the following:

Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? see.....

My 'smb.conf' goes like this:

global]
	workgroup = WORKGROUP
	netbios name = HOBBIT