[Samba] no session setup connecting from xbox

Bryan Klingner bryan at overt.org
Sun Feb 6 01:58:48 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I am attempting to connect to a Samba server (version 3.0.10) from my
xbox running MAMEoX, a port of MAME to run on the xbox. When the
program attempts to connect, Samba terminates the connection. Looking
at the host log, the relevant line is:

smbd/service.c:make_connection(735)
   make_connection: refusing to connect with no session setup

I have successfully connected from MAMEoX to a Windows machine with a
share. I have also successfully connected to the Samba server from Xbox
Media Center, another application on the Xbox. I have captured a
loglevel 4 (more readable) and loglevel 10 transcript of the session.
You can see them here:

http://www.overt.org/images/mamelog_lvl4
http://www.overt.org/images/mamelog_lvl10

I've scoured Google/Usenet for information on this, and the closest to
an answer I've found is this:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/linux.samba/browse_thread/thread/
d86ba6666384ddd5/29dedef3051c8241?
q=%22refusing+to+connect+with+no+session+setup%22&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fhl%3
Den%26lr%3D%26q%3D%22refusing+to+connect+with+no+session+setup%22%26qt_s
%3DSearch+Groups%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#29dedef3051c8241

Any ideas? Let me know if there's any more information I can offer.

Thanks!

Bryan