[Samba] "ldap passwd sync" not working - SOLVED

Alexander Zubkov green at sectorb.msk.ru
Sat Feb 5 20:33:39 GMT 2005

> Seems to be the case, from very cursory inspection.
>
> Really an issue with the DSA, it should properly report its
> capabilities.

Yeah! I did it, thanks all, who helped.
Searching for "rootDSE" in Internet showed that it is exported by LDAP
server as other data (in common words) so access control are applied to
it too. And my hands ( lame ;) ) wrote at the end of slapd.conf:
access dn=".*,dc=domain,dc=my" by * read
But rootDSE, of course not subtree of this! And LDAP, honestly, denied
access to it. So the solution was:
access to * by * read
Thanks all again!

----