[Samba] 3.0.11 - configure can't see ldap.h

Mike samba at phivegills.com
Sat Feb 5 17:45:28 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Here's my build script.  You can modify it for you needs.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks.

> ##
> ## required library paths
> ##
> DIRPATH=""
> for dir in $DIRPATH ; do
> 	CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I$dir/include"
> 	CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wl,-rpath,$dir/lib"
> 	LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L$dir/lib"
> done

Sorry, I'm not that good with scripting.  What is the purpose of DIRPATH
for?  I'm not sure what to set it to.

I noticed the autogen.sh line in that script and tried to manually run
it.  I get this error:

./autogen.sh

./autogen.sh[25]: [: ,: unexpected operator/operand
./autogen.sh[39]: [: ,: unexpected operator/operand
./autogen.sh: need autoconf 2.53 or later to build samba from SVN

So I installed autoconf 2.59 and get this:

# ./autogen.sh

./autogen.sh[25]: [: ,: unexpected operator/operand
./autogen.sh: need autoconf 2.53 or later to build samba from SVN

P.S.  When I reply I didn't notice my first message went to you and not
the list.  Is this normal behaviour for this list?