[Samba] Tom Skeren has a misconfigured server

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 5 07:31:31 GMT 2005

Tom sent me a private email.

I replied and got this back.

                              From:
Mail Administrator
<Postmaster at cox.net>
                                To:
craigwhite at azapple.com
                           Subject:
Mail System Error - Returned Mail
                              Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:44:16 -0500
(Fri, 23:44 MST)

is usually due to a mis-configured account or mail delivery system on
the
destination computer; however, it could be caused by your message since
some mail systems refuse messages with invalid header information, or if
they are too large.

Your message was rejected by thor-new.fsklaw.com for the following
reason:

     Address "craigwhite at azapple.com" assumed to be invalid - Impossible
to verify

The following recipients did not receive this message:

     <tms3 at fsklaw.com>

 Please reply to <Postmaster at cox.net>
----
I appreciate that mx for sklaw.com want's to be selective in its
handling of inbound email.

He shouldn't send private mail if his mail server is so configured that
his system won't receive replies from valid sources, via valid smtp
server.

If he wishes to investigate - I don't have any significant headers - the
above is the only details except that I use a mail server on my local
network and 'smarthost' send mail through cox.net mail server. This has
not been a problem for any other email activity anywhere else and
automated cox.net smtp system suggests that problem is due to mis-
configured mail delivery system on the destination computer.

Craig

Craig