[Samba] privileges in 3.11?

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Fri Feb 4 11:51:17 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Hello!

> Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>
> | Certanly, root is member of Domain Admins group :-)
>
> well not at least implicitly in the NT_USER_TOKEN
> (although that might maker things easier if it was).

I added root to Domain Admins group...

> | Anyway, do I understood right that root can do this
> | with lates code  (from SVN)?
>
> Yes.  The SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE is the staging area for
> the final 3.0.11 release and this is fixed in that
> branch.  The SAMBA_3_0 tree has moved on past 3.0.11
> at this point with more changes.

I just checked latest svn with
svn co svn://svnanon.samba.org/samba/branches/SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE
samba-SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE

And I still have the same problem.

net  -S dm -U root rpc rights grant  'TEST\dm'  SeMachineAccountPrivilege
Password:
Failed to grant privileges for TEST\dm (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)

log.smb is attached...

Thank you!