[Samba] Shares of Logged Out Users Still Visible By Next User

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Fri Feb 4 11:48:22 GMT 2005

John,
[homes]
   comment = Home Directory
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mode = 0775
   directory mask = 0775
   csc policy = disable

I'm finding it happens if the previous process hasn't terminated.
Ususally that's IPC$.
I have deadtime = 3 to get rid of them pretty fast, but rapidly logging
in has that behavior.
I tested samba3_release svn tonight, but still the same on AIX 5.2,
security = ads

I thought there was a bug out on this, but I can't find it.  Certainly
it's been mentioned before.

Regards, Doug