[Samba] Poor performance from OSX 10.3 client to samba share

klubarpop klubarpop at emiboston.com
Thu Feb 3 18:01:44 GMT 2005

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I could not find anything under
google.  When I access a Samba (v2 on YellowDog and v3 on Macintosh OS
X)share from a Macintosh (10.3 Panther) I get very poor performance.  It's
probably a problem with the Apple implementations of CIFS on OS X, but are
there any recommendations to for better performance?  (Coming from a PC, I
get reasonable throughput.)

Thanks for any suggestions to this slightly off-topic questions.

Ken Lubar