[Samba] smbldap-populate failure

Heupink, Mourik Jan C. Heupink at INTECH.UNU.EDU
Thu Feb 3 15:51:32 GMT 2005

dear list,

I'm trying to migrate nt4 to samba3, and have two issues at the moment.
First is: I'm getting two (small?) errors using smbldap-populate on my ldap
database. At first I tried ignoring this, but now also rpc net vampire
complains. (maybe because of this..?)

This is the output of smbldap-populate:
<quote>
server:/usr/local/sbin # smbldap-populate
Using builtin directory structure
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 126.
adding new entry: dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: ou=Users,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: ou=Computers,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: ldapidmapsuffix,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
failed to add entry: invalid DN at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line
389, <GEN1> line 6.
adding new entry: cn=NextFreeUnixId,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: uid=Administrator,ou=Users,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: uid=nobody,ou=Users,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Domain Guests,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Domain Computers,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Administrators,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Print Operators,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Backup Operators,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
adding new entry: cn=Replicators,ou=Groups,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu
</quote>

searched the archives, but unsuccessfully... :(

and later on, net vampire gives errors like:
<quote>
[2005/02/03 16:51:55, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_add_sam_account(1994)
  ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = ghost (dn =
uid=ghost,ou=Users,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu)
[2005/02/03 16:51:56, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_add_sam_account(1994)
  ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = 1219$ (dn =
uid=1219$,ou=Computers,dc=intech,dc=unu,dc=edu)
</quote>

Since after completion the users/machines DO exist in the database, I guess
it means failed to MODIFY.

Using samba 3.0.10-SUSE, suse 9.0, most recent idealx ldap tools.

Anyone here has an idea what is going wrong..?

Yours,
Mourik Jan