[Samba] Still no browse list and no help!

Aaron J. Zirbes ajz at cccs.umn.edu
Wed Feb 2 18:43:19 GMT 2005

It looks like you have a bit of redundancy in your smb.conf, but other
that that, seems OK.

I have a question for you:

Have you either:
a) hard-coded your WINS server IP (samba machine) into your windows clients?
b) setup your DHCP options to set your WINS server to your Samba
Server's IP address.

The easy way to check this is to run

ipconfig /all

from your windows clients, and see if the line:

Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : www.xxx.yyy.zzz

points to your Samba WINS server.

If it does not, therein lies your problem and solution

Enjoy!

--
Aaron Zirbes
Systems Administrator