[Samba] ERRinvnetname (HELP)

Fábio Soares soaresfabm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:31:07 GMT 2005

Please HELP me!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fábio Soares <soaresfabm at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:01:13 -0300
Subject: Error messages when trying to access a share
To: samba at lists.samba.org

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know what each of the error messages "ERRinvnetname" and
"ERRbadpw" mean?

The first one I get when I type my password after each of the
following commands:
smbclient -L localhost -U fabio
//it only asks me for a password (I think it's to be my password)
smbclient -L localhost -N
//it doesn't ask a password. what/who is the username?

The second one I get when I try this command:
smbclient -L localhost
//it does ask a password. but whatever password I type, the ERRbadpw
error message arises on my screen. Why?? where does samba take a
username for this password from?

my smb.conf file is attached. you might want to take a look at it.

--
Fabio Mendes Soares
Computing Student (yet newbie at Samba)