[Samba] Sharing Printer - Insufficient rights?

Tobias Geiger tobias.geiger at vido.info
Wed Feb 2 10:24:09 GMT 2005

Hello jerry,

yes i'm sure this has nothing to do with the Driver-Install-Right:
IF i add the driver to samba (via rpcclient/cupsaddsmb) AND IF the user's in
the Domain-Admin Group, everything (including installing the driver) is ok...
Also the Error-Message itself is clearly indicating that it's the right to
install printers, not drivers (unfortunatly it's in german, so it wouldn't
make much sense to post it here word-by-word ;)

Again: If i do that with winxp instead of samba, everything works perfect:
so i think it's a samba-related problem (something with passing-through the
permissions of domain-users?!?)

Greetings, and thanks for the answer
Tobias