[Samba] PDC groupmapping problem

David Sonenberg dsonenberg at strozllc.com
Tue Feb 1 20:02:39 GMT 2005

Sorry for the lack of details.  The box is running Crux Linux with a
2.4.27 vanilla kernel, samba-3.0.10, and smbldap-tools-0.8.5.  The main
thing I'm trying to do is get this system running for production.
Currently I can't do Administrative tasks even if my primary group is
512.   I can't do anything with smbldap-groupmod, but I can do a
smbldap-usermod.

 > Not sure exactly what you're doing here or what your problem is since
you don't say anything about it.  I could make some guesses but lets
have you tell us what it is.  Could you please explain thoroughly since
it appears you've got something really screwed up.  I'm curious what
versions of samba, smbldap-tools you're running as well as how you got
things set up the way they are.  Platform information would also be nice
to know, for future reference.

 > Note that if things are set up properly you should be able to use the
net groupmap commands to administer group mappings.

 > Why do you have groups in your People container?  Most of the time
this is done with groups in ou=Group(s) but you can structure your DIT
any way you want really.

--
David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator