[Samba] Permissions Problem

Don Brearley donbrearley at hcc.mnscu.edu
Tue Feb 1 19:50:29 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have a share called [math] and in it, I have files in it.

When I write files to the root of that share, it successfully saves
them with a permission of 775.

In my smb.conf, I have the following:

force create mode = 0775
force directory mode = 0775

Now..  when a user saves into a subdirectory of that share, it sets
permissions as 0755, which doesnt really work so well for me.

My question is, how can I make sure that all files under the share
are set mode 775 when created/saved/modified/etc ?

I am using Samba 3.0.10 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE

- Don Brearley
  HCC Computer Services