[Samba] Roaming Profile problems

SABINE ZARABIAN sabine.zarabian at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 1 08:00:34 GMT 2005

Paul Gienger wrote:

>> I tried to change logon path in smb.conf in an emty string, but no
>> changes, if I delete this entry in smb.conf, samba use a default
>> value and this is
>

> Make sure you also don't have a profile share if you're using
> something like \server\profiles\%U, which is the default.  Setting a
> blank string should also work here.  Remember that your clients will
> probably remember what the profile path was for an account, so be sure
> to try with a fresh user.  Check the output of
> pdbedit -v <username>
> to be sure the server won't be giving out a (valid) default path.
>
>> on the server.
>> So I tried to change sambaProfilePath in ldap, I tried an emty
>> string, I tried to delete this entry but no changes. I still have
>> roaming profiles.
>

> This one won't work.  An empty string in ldap, as far as I've found,
> is a deleted attribute, so it will default to the server setting.

Hello Paul,
thanks for your answer.
I don't have a profile share in my smb.conf. If  I delete the logon path
entry in smb.conf and sambaProfilePath in ldap, pdbedit -v still show me
a ProfilePath like \\server\login\profile. Is is no problem, changing
the roaming profile to local profile manually on every workstation, but
as I wrote, we have nearly 300 workstations and this is too much to
change it locally.

Any other idea ?

Sabine

--