[Samba] Cifs client

Max Kipness max at kipness.com
Sat Dec 31 16:31:39 GMT 2005

I setup the mounts from the command line.

I've done this for years with smbfs, and although there is always an issue
when you try to access a mount to a windows machine that has gone stale,
doesn't exist, etc, I've never had sessions lock up so severely that I had
to physically power down the linux server as I have with cifs.

Other than this issue, cifs works great and has many improvements over smbfs.

Max