[Samba] Cifs client

James Presley jpresley at neubus.com
Fri Dec 30 18:06:59 GMT 2005

How do you have the share setup on the Linux side? I had a problem when I
did the mount via SMBFS in my /etc/fstab. When I switched to CIFS instead it
seemed to fix it. I don't have samba running on the server, the two are not
maintained in parallel. I think the samba team has just been gracious enough
to work on/maintain the CIFS after SMBFS wasn't being further developed. I
am using FC3 on my linux side and Win2k3 AS on the windows side.

James