[Samba] Re: Samba and NUL characters

Matteo D'Amato matteod at smartbox.ca
Thu Dec 29 03:28:24 GMT 2005

I've tried CIFS VFS with the following config in my fstab

//cdn-mtl-ms/Logs   /mnt/logs    cifs  username=user,password=pass 0 0

And I still have the same problem. As for kernel versions, the working
one uses "linux-2.4.21-20.EL" and the non-working one uses
"linux-2.6.9-11.EL". Does this have anything to do with "oplock" being
enabled in the kernel? I've read some posts mentioning this, but I'm not
sure how to check if it is enabled or how to enable it. Thanks

--

Matteo D'Amato
Manager, Systems Applications & Development