[Samba] 3.0.21 and "Rejecting auth request from client"

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Wed Dec 28 17:38:49 GMT 2005

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

> Hi,
> I have migrate from samba 3.0.20b to 3.0.21.
> I restored the backup of all .tdb and when starting samba and a
> Windows XP tries to connect, I get this error:
>
> [2005/12/28 09:19:04, 0] libsmb/credentials.c:creds_server_check(159)
>  creds_server_check: credentials check failed.
> [2005/12/28 09:19:04, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_net_sam_logon(667)
>  _net_sam_logon: creds_server_step failed. Rejecting auth request from
> client COMPUTER machine account COMPUTER$
>
> I still can access the shares in the samba PDC.
>
> Is this a warning or an error?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I'm seeing the same
thing.  In my case I re-built the tdb files anew.  The PDC I just
upgraded was v3.0.7.

I tend to think the problem is real.  Most of the time, the files
on the server can be seen from the workstation, but we have
an application whose binaries are on the server .  the app is
unreliable.

I am seeing AutoEnrollment Errors in the Application Event Logs.

Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact
the active directory (0x8007054b).  The specified domain either
does not exist or could not be contacted.

Enrollment will not be performed.

Are you seeing these AutoEnrollment errors too?

Ray