[Samba] "valid users" + ldap on Solaris 10 problems

Miki Monguilod mikim at salleURL.edu
Wed Dec 28 17:06:04 GMT 2005

Hello,

We have just migrated a server from sun solaris 8 to sun solaris 10. In
the old machine we had a Samba 3.0.20b and in the new one, we have samba
3.0.21, both compiled like this with no problems:
env LD_FLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure --with-ldapsam --without-pam
--with-quotas --with-ldap --with-included-popt --with-acl-support
--with-libsmbclient

We share user's homes by default working correctly. All this works
correctly in the old machine with Solaris 8, but in the new one with
Solaris 10 the problem comes when we share something using "vaild users
= @groupname" inside.

for example:

[aelec]
        comment = Area Electronica
        path = /mnt/grups/aelec
        browseable = yes
        read only = no
        force directory mode = 2770
        force group = aelec
        directory mode = 2770
        create mode = 2770
        valid users = @aelec

The "aelec" group exist in ldap and is not empty. In windows, we can
browse all shares, incluing "aelec" share, but if we want to connect
using a valid user, windows shows us this message: The specified network
name is no longer available. Also we tried this under linux (whith samba
3.0.14a) showing this problem:

smbclient -v -U validuser //server.domain.edu/aelec
Password:
Domain=[MYDOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.21]
tree connect failed: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)

We use the same config and shares files in the old and in the new
machine. 'testparm' shows no errors except one because of the lengh of
the name of a share (more than 12 characters).
Does anybody knows where could be the error? Is this a Samba error o
probably a solaris error?

Thanks in advance!

PD: If you want logs, I can send logs in what debug level you want.

 Utilitzeu el Servei Online d'Atencio a l'Usuari (http://www.salleURL.edu/csi)
  Nom: Miki 				Cognoms: Monguilod Serena
  Centre de Serveis Informatics (CSI)		e-mail:mikim at salleURL.edu
  Enginyeria i Arquitectura La Salle		PGP KeyID: 0xBBF686E1
  Universitat Ramon Llull			Telefon: 93 290 24 00
  Barcelona				Extensio: 209