[Samba] Samba cd-rom share Problem

Andreas Bauer andreas_bauer at arcor.de
Tue Dec 27 15:38:41 GMT 2005

Hello NG,

my network consists of AD/2003 as LDAP Server, SuSE 10.0 and xp
clients and SuSE 9.3 Samba/NFS-Fileserver for the homes of SuSE clients and
Samba
shares for the Xp clients.
My problem is the cd-rom samba share. All other samba shares except the
cd-rom share are working for me.
If I open the network environment in the windows explorer of a succeded
logon xp client, I can access all shares except the cd-rom share.
At accessing the cd-rom share in the windows explorer, I am getting no
errormessage, but the directories and files of the shared cd do
not appeare in the right side side of the win explorer. The right part of
the
windows exlorer is empty.

The cd-rom section in the smb.conf is:
[cdrom]