[Samba] Share access Rights

Allori Lorenzo llallori at syr.fi.it
Tue Dec 27 11:00:32 GMT 2005

Dear Gruop,

I'm using samba as a domain controller. My domain users group is called smbusers an I've set it
with net mapgroup command.

I need a share that is not public but it acts as a public share: I need a share I can use an mdb
file in it accessed by multiple users so I need permissions to write execute and read for the
group smbusers to every new file is created by anyone else. In fact every time someone opens an
mdb file it creates a lock file (*.ldb) that is accessible for the user that opened the access
file the first time and the other users that try to open it are given the error "Could not lock
file".

my share now is:

[private]
comment = private