[Samba] problem: Samba 10.0 with LDAP and smbldap-tools

Thomas Besand thomas.besand at web.de
Fri Dec 23 09:50:13 GMT 2005

Hi NG,

I'm trying to set up a PDC in my home office; just to practice (one of
my clients needs this kind of setup).
Followed the step-by-step example from samba.org (chapter 'Making Happy
users').
Everything went fine up to the point, where the docs suggest to call the
command ./smbldap-populate -a root -k 0 -m 0
This one fails with an errormsg:
  failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at...
(repeated several times)

Been looking around and read a pile of docs, but feel a little lost now.
Seems like the error lies in the password configuration for the ldap
Admin- but I'm just not sure where to dig.

Anyone willing to help?

Any help much appreciated,
greets
Thomas