[Samba] Samba 3 user utility

Charles McLaughlin cmclaughlin at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 22 18:56:07 GMT 2005

Check out the Windows NT User and Server manager (srvtools.exe):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173673

These Windows-based tools work with a Samba 3 domain!  I've found that I
can give those tools to a administrator that doesn't know much Unix and
they can create and edit user accounts effectively.

I'd also recommend you take a look at pdbedit.  It's a really nice
command line tool and it's pretty easy to use.

I really don't mess with my Samba servers on a day to day basis.  Just
set them up once and the pretty much take care of themselves. :)

Charles