[Samba] Login Domain Issues

Jesse Spangenberger jesse at oceanlodge.biz
Thu Dec 22 05:35:13 GMT 2005

I have a very strange problem.  I have only ONE domain on my network
which works fine. I have windows clients running Samba-3 on SuSE 9.2
Professional.

Logging on you can do DOMAIN\username instead of changing the "Log on
to:" box.  But you can also do <anything>\username.  Thus:
laksaslkdjf\username works.  Some reason it changes out the beginning to
DOMAIN when it first fails.  How the word do I stop this?

I want to make sure it errors out if the domain is wrongly entered.

This is frustrating.