[Samba] Samba versus Windows permissions

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Thu Dec 22 00:44:53 GMT 2005

I'm running into a permissions problem on a share.  If I set the g+x on
a file, it sets it as a system file in Windows.  If I set o+x on a file,
  Windows sees it as a hidden file.  This is a department share with a
number of users accessing it.  When I don't have the group bit for
executable set, some files will not work, like Access .mdb files and
some .ntf files used for a CD labeling program.  This is on Samba 3.0.10
and both Win9x and Win2K machines.

Is there a way to set these files as executable with out them being
system or hidden files?

Thanks,
Michael