[Samba] File-name Mangling issue...

Amit Sharma amitsharma_26 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 11:29:00 GMT 2005

Thanks Chris...

But even with "mangled names = yes" , any file-name created with characters
more than 8 is not getting converted into 8.3 schema automatically even
while i copy paste it from windows or i save a new file with notepad over
samba share.

I think there have to be some else configuration lines other than these
below mentioned ones to do the needfull..
------
case sensitive = no
default case = upper
preserve case = no
short preserve case = no
mangled names = yes
------

It doesnt work even if with mangled names = no

The only thing i want is for my long file-names to be converted into 8.3
filename schema.

Thanks & regards
Amit sharma