[Samba] "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"

Mathew D. Watson matw at eclipse-optics.com
Mon Dec 19 18:26:34 GMT 2005

Donald Musser wrote:
> I've tried that already. All I get is an error about being unable to open
> passwd.tbd. I've checked the file and, although it exists, it is empty. Is
> this supposed to be the case?
>
> -Myles

Hmm ... sounds like your tdbsam setup isn't quite right?

On my system both passdb.tdb and secrets.tdb are 131 bytes long (one
password stored); I don't know about a passwd.tdb. BTW, they're both in
/var/lib/samba.

Not to hijack a thread, but does anyone know how root can find out who
is in the samba password database if you use the tdbsam backend? For
system accounts I just look in /etc/passwd.

Mat

--
Mathew D. Watson
Eclipse Optics Corporation
matw at eclipse-optiics.com

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.